Stylophane announces Facebook Index for fashion
August 20, 2010 by admin
San Francisco, CA, August 19, 2010 — With so many fashion and beauty brands to keep track of, have you ever wished you had just a single source that aggregates every Facebook and Twitter post for over 1,000+ fashion brands – all in one place? Call it the greatest ever alert system for fashion insider sales, contests, discounts & Facebook posts & Twitter tweets. Stylophane recently launched just such a tool for industry insiders and fashionistas alike: the FBI or Stylophane Facebook Index www.stylophane.com/fbi.
The FBI Index tracks and ranks Facebook ‘likes’ growth of over 1,000 fashion and beauty brands, updated daily in five of the major Style categories – Fashion, Denim, Footwear, Beauty & Fashion Publications/Blogs – with Jewelry/Watches coming soon.
“In early 2010, I realized that the number of Facebook fans or ‘likes’ served as an indicator of market growth in the fashion industry – allowing me to track fashion trends at the grassroots level,” explains Alex Mendoza, CEO of Stylophane (and Founder of Karmaloop.com). “Thus, the Stylophane FBI (Facebook index) was born. We have recently added a Twitter Index and other new features to help fashion professionals and consumers who love fashion discover which are true up and coming brands I should know about and which brands are on the way out. The FBI is very easy to use, so I figured I make it available so anyone can use it for free, of course”.
By innovatively combining fashion marketing with social media technology, the Facebook Index:
* Offers a ‘promotion finder’ which aggregates 1,000+ fashion brands’ Facebook and Twitter posts in a single feed. Users can filter by ‘keyword’ to find today’s discounts, sales, new arrivals and events in real time.
* Ranks the number of Facebook fans & Twitter followers for 1000+ Fashion brands daily, by category.
* Features weekly articles on brands with exceptional growth and strengths in the social media world.
* Allows users to browse data on 1000′s of fashion brands quickly and go directly to official Facebook, Twitter, and Web Pages.
Here are some suggested story topics using the Facebook Index:
1. Facebook Index TOP 10 LISTS: Easily compile your own list of the Top 10 brands in Fashion, Beauty, Denim, Footwear, or Fashion Magazines/Blogs. Readers love lists that help keep them abreast of the most popular fashion brands in the world and new up and coming fashion stars.
2. Facebook Index ‘Promotion Finder’: Up-to-the-minute info on brand contests, discounts, sales, and new arrivals. Instead of having to do time-consuming research on many social sites to keep track of brand giveaways, news, and events, Stylophane’s Social Feed pulls Facebook & Twitter posts all together in one place online.
3. Facebook Index ‘One Stop Fashion Social Source’: Instead of having to visit more than 1000+ Twitter feeds, official websites, and Facebook pages, it’s all in one place: Stylophane’s Facebook Index.