February 5, 2013 by admin · Comments Off
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that some things are just inappropriate for a Valentine’s Day card. Once you’ve eliminated the things likely to cause a scene, however, figuring out how you should sign your card can still present a challenge. These are 25 of the ways you can sign a Valentine’s Day card without landing in hot water.
- Honestly – First and foremost, it’s important to be honest in any missive. Let your significant other know just how important her presence in your life is, but avoid exaggeration that can start edging into untrue territory.
- With a Well-Chosen Quote – Sometimes, a well-chosen quote can inspire your own inner author. Including a romantic quote along with your own message is sure to carry some favor on Valentine’s Day.
- Using a Simple, Sincere Sentiment – It’s tempting to try your hand at belletristic, florid prose on Valentine’s Day, but doing this can cause more trouble than good. Rather than trying and failing at a melodramatic turn of phrase, shoot for something more simple and sincere.
- With Phrases Appropriate to Your Relationship – If you’ve only been dating for a short time, some words are more appropriate than others. Make sure that your message is reflective of where your relationship actually stands.
- Something Personal – It’s easy to throw an impersonal greeting above your name on a store-bought greeting card, but adding a message with a personal touch will let your significant other know that you’re willing to go the extra mile.
- With Light Humor – Valentine’s Day doesn’t have to be romantic to the exclusion of all other moods; jokes just need to be appropriate in tone. Ribbing or poking fun, even good-natured teasing, isn’t the way to go, but a well-placed joke can bring a smile to your sweetie’s face.
- Keep it Short and Sweet – There’s a lot of space on the left side of a card, but that doesn’t mean that you have to fill it with tiny, cramped print expressing every emotion you’ve ever felt. Let your lover know how much they mean to you, but don’t get carried away.
- Without References to Negativity – If you had a spat a week ago that you’re still trying to overcome, your Valentine’s Day card is simply not the place to address it.
- Using Proper Grammar – While you can write more in a shorter amount of time by using text-speak abbreviations, it’s just poor form to do so on a Valentine’s Day card. Use your words, and avoid those acronyms.
- With More Than Just Your Name – You can just sign your name at the bottom of the pre-printed verse in your greeting card, but it’s highly impersonal. At least write a line or two of your own.
- Without Any Smiley Faces – There is no reason to craft smiley faces out of punctuation on a handwritten card. None at all.
- With a Message That Avoids Clichés – There’s plenty of “roses are red, violets are blue” notes floating around on Valentine’s Day. Break apart from the herd and write a message that doesn’t include clichés.
- Include an Inside Joke or Reference – If you have a special joke that only the two of you understand or a reference that only makes sense to you both, include it in your message. It shows that you do pay attention, and that those things matter to you.
- With Legible Handwriting – You can write the most perfect message in existence inside your beloved’s Valentine’s Day card, but she won’t be able to decipher it if your handwriting isn’t legible.
- With Careful Use of the “L-Word” – Valentine’s Day is dedicated to the celebration of love, but that doesn’t mean it’s a good idea to toss the word around carelessly in a new relationship.
- With Forethought – Don’t just scrawl the first thing that comes to mind in a card before you seal it up for delivery; make an effort to include a well thought-out message that means something to both of you.
- With Originality – It stands to reason that your lover is with you due to an abiding affection for you and the unique person you are, so let that individuality shine through in your card to her.
- Keep it PG – No matter where the two of you are in the physical realm of your relationship, it’s neither polite nor particularly romantic to talk about it explicitly in a Valentine’s Day card.
- Keep Your Promises Realistic – You may want to promise your lover all of the tea in China or all of the stars in the sky, but you know that those things aren’t possible. Rather than coming across like a silver-tongued charmer that will say anything to get a response, make realistic promises that you actually intend to keep.
- With Sweet, Chaste Messages – As an extension of avoiding explicit language, try to save the hot-and-heavy talk for a more appropriate time altogether.
- Use Pet Names – If your lover has a pet name for you or vice versa, use them on the card. It’s one of the most personal touches you can add, and one that will tug at the heartstrings.
- Be Specific – A general declaration of fondness is great, but a specific reference to a thing that you love most hits it out of the park.
- With Enthusiasm – A message that was written under duress will read that way later. Don’t approach your message as you would a root canal; be enthusiastic about your Valentine!
- Use Words That Resound With You – In the end, the most genuine words are those that resound with you. A generic poem of oft-used quotes can get the point across, but nowhere near as well as your own words will.
- Speak From the Heart – On Valentine’s Day, your lover just wants to know how you feel. Speak from the heart, even if the words are simple and they don’t adhere to a single rule. Write what you feel needs to be written.
October 19, 2012 by admin · Comments Off
It might seem too early to be thinking about Spring/Summer of 2013, but if you know the fashion industry then you will understand. Believe it or not, lingerie trends are a thing, mostly inspired by popular culture, past decades and even the economy.
Looking passionate in a stylish, trendy lingerie set is the ultimate desire of any voguish fashionser. A beautiful set of lingerie enhances your natural assets and flatters your sensual body. In 2013 lingerie trends will mark the fusion of vintage as well as contemporary fashion. The focus will be on juicy colors, intricate details, subtle designs and soft fabrics. Read more
September 28, 2012 by admin · Comments Off
Are you someone who is looking for something uniquely you when it comes to clothing? Are you tired of what the standard boutiques have to offer? If so, you need to consider what a New Age aesthetic can do for you. New Age philosophy is all about finding yourself, learning more about what you like and who you are and also learning to wrap your life around what you have learned. This is not only fantastic proposition for the way that you live your life, you’ll find that it is a great way to organize your closet as well.
For many of us, clothing serves as a way to signal who we are and what we do. We use it to tell people what we want them to know about us and to affect how we want them to treat us. If you are tired of looking like everyone else, it is time to consider what outfits you can pick up at a New Age store. A great New Age store will provide you with an excellent opportunity to put together the outfits that give you the look in which you are the most invested. This is a fantastic way to get a wardrobe that really suits you, instead of just having a bunch of clothes that you wear. Read more
September 24, 2012 by admin · Comments Off
Costume parties, also known as fancy dress parties, aren’t thrown just for Halloween. They offer a fun way to celebrate different occasions. These parties are more fun than regular ones because the disguise helps guests feel less inhibited. Guests also mingle more at costume parties as the costumes tend to make effective ice breakers. Dressing up is usually great fun for most people and costume parties provide an excellent opportunity to do this. Most people love fashion trends but aren’t we all in the mood for something totally different? I suppose we are, and one of the best ways to do it is by going to a costume party wearing anything we like, bumblebee or a catwoman costume, both sound great!
There are numerous fashion costumes you can choose from for a costume party, and choosing can be very easy if you already have a character in mind. However, if you are still undecided about which character you would be the best fit, here are some tips that can guide you towards picking the perfect fashion costume. Read more
September 18, 2012 by admin · Comments Off
Everyone will be familiar with that sinking feeling you get when you approach your wardrobe only to find you have nothing to wear. Perhaps you’re fed up of wearing the same old clothes, or nothing fits your personality properly. Maybe you’ve lost a couple of pounds. Whatever your reason, it’s time for a wardrobe overhaul! Not only can it be fun – prepare for an afternoon of discovering old favourites and days of trying on gorgeous new clothes – you will end up with a wardrobe to make you look and feel better.
So where do you start? Read more
Your children’s bedrooms will be a big part of their childhood. In addition to this, children have many fears most especially those associated to being alone in the bedroom. However, they won’t learn to face their fears and become independent if you keep on letting them crash on the master’s bedroom. Thus, it is essential that you make your kids’ bedroom as comfortable, fashionable and child friendly as it can be. Here are some tips on how you could do that.
Tip # 1: Include the Bed in the Whole Room’s Theme
More often than not, parents fail to include the bed as part of the theme for every room. Most little girls would like to have princess rooms or anything that has pink! Make sure that the bed is pink as well. There are many beds out there that your little princesses would love like Dora the Explorer beds or pink carriage beds. For boys, there are drag racer kids’ car beds that will look good with their Cars collection. Make sure to include your child in the shopping process so they can choose. Read more
Whether intended for a special occasion or just for ordinary days in your home, having fashionable outdoor settings can definitely change the mood of your already exciting abode. It may be a terrace, poolside, or garden. Spice up your outdoor entertainment space by providing furniture that will enhance your home’s aesthetics. If you are now thrilled to decorate and shop for outdoor settings, here are some useful tips that you should take note of.
1. The highest priority when purchasing furniture and other home accessories is the quality. The materialsused can justify the price. Some home decor may cost more than the others but this is perhaps because of the kind of material used and its quality. Remember that furniture for outdoors will most likely be exposed to different kinds of weather. You can’t just buy the first outdoor furniture that you see on shops around your vicinity. To make it worth every cent, always check the quality and durability.
2. Have a clear idea of how you want your place to look like. Shopping without knowing what to buy is like throwing balls somewhere with no aim. So before you go to a shop and start pointing furniture and swiping your card, visualize the kind of look that you want to achieve. You may play around with different themes then browse magazines and Google images so you could have a glimpse of the kind of furniture that will mesh well with your idea.
3. Scout for the best shop that offers high quality furniture for outdoor settings. This part can be overwhelming because there are so many furniture shops out there. You can start by roaming around your vicinity and do some window shopping. You may also ask for referrals from your friends and neighbors. Another avenue where you may find great deals is through online shops. There are various virtual stores where you can pick wonderful furniture that come with affordable prices and amazing quality. Read more
Modern photography has gone digital. It has made everyone able to capture those moments in life that are precious and not worth ever forgetting. Photo resolution and shutter speed has made photography to become an improved field where fashion photographers, no matter which photography course they took, have no excuse whatsoever to take horrible pictures. The world of fashion photography has improved so much that there is now the allowance of photo manipulation where the photographer can become more artistic and creative in their photos.
Modern photography has improved the livelihood of both offline and internet businesses. This is because they sell images or standards to photographers. The stocks are then bought at various prices which is mostly dependent on the license. Since the images are digital, they are obtained directly from different businesses where they are edited, modified and manipulated through sophisticated software. Read more
Most people are lured by the elegance of the fashion industry and wish to be associated with it in one way or the other. Whereas fashion photography is an amazing way to become part of this industry, entering it could be a difficult venture. Fashion photography is a unique career that needs to emphasize on excellence in your duties, stand out from several other fashion photographers who are out there and also have the relevant network to get popular. You can learn photography through certain courses in college to boost your career.
What it takes to be a fashion photographer Read more
June 26, 2012 by admin · Comments Off
We all know and understand the importance of fashion accessories. In many instances, the accessories are what stand to make or break an outfit, so what are the top items and brands that we all should be building into our fashion thinking this summer?
The Bag Read more